The Knit Wits will be traveling together (my knitting group: me, Gen, Michelle and Jill) and we might be changing our name before the trip because Michelle desperately wants to be known as the Chicks with Sticks :-\ not bad but we've all heard that one before. We could spell it Chix with Stix though. Here are my ideas: Loopy Ladies, Stitch Hustlers,Yarn Tarts, Yarn Wenches, Yarn Swindlers, Knit Kibitzers, Knitting Divas, Yarn Flirts, Spicy Stitchers, Yarn Tasters. Just to name a few. Haha some weird ones in there...
Anyways back to the Yarnover...we are staying in a hotel together and we will be yarn shop hopping all day. In order to spend wisely, some of us are planning ahead on what projects we will make so that we can buy the yarn we need, and not come home with 50 single skeins, instead of what we may want to make a sweater or two. Ravelry queues are helping with this. Something I would like to knit is a tank, or a bolero/shrug/cropped sweater, and anything raglan-style, or knit in the round. I don't really want to seam or have many ends to weave in.
So we won't be taking any classes, since we'd rather spend the money on yarn. But they are having a marketplace with tons of booths so that will be neat to check out. I think we are also going to see the Keynote speaker in the early morning.
Now, to show off...I have been trying to keep up with my FLS, photo below. It is exciting to try it on and see how far I've gotten.
Yes that is hubby in the back wearing a PINK SNUGGIE ! Ha HA, I told him I was going to put it on the internet!I have also been working on my 2010 Crochet Block-of-the-Month afghan, with 8 squares completed last week. The color scheme is green and pink with some white, I am thinking it might be a baby afghan, or smaller lap blanket when I finish.
All in all, I just keep knitting and someday I hope to have my own yarn shop. I am loving it and I never get sick of it. It is fun, but also calming and therapeutic. It's always there for me to pick up at the end of the day (or lunch break)!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please tell me what you think =)