I would like to proudly show off my finished projects that I entered into the Ravelympics 2010. I am a medalist for two of my projects (which means I completed them!)
Medal for my Tiny Turtle and for my Rubber Duckie Baby Hoodie!
Here is my completed baby hoodie.
The buttons are little duckies. I started this hoodie March 31, 2009 and finished it February 28, 2010. There was no excuse except for my laziness. This was my second baby sweater and I admit I hated doing it. I got sick of the pattern and I really got bored with the finishing. I'm glad it is over with!
One thing I would like to share is the creation of the buttonhole band. See, the original pattern was a misprint and so only 3 buttonholes were made on the top half, even though the pattern photo featured buttons all the way down. So after the sweater was knitted, I picked up stitches with a needle 1 size larger. I just knitted two rows then spaced yarnovers for the buttonholes. I knitted one more row then bound off. The buttons fit perfectly. =)
I never got the lining sewn in to my purse. Oh well I think the baby sweater was a good enough accomplishment, and at least I got 2 out of 3. Now I guess it's back to work on my FLS and my crocheted squares. (rav links)
Thanks for checking out my progress!
WOW!! 2 posts in the month of March. And its only the 3rd of the month. Keep it up. Gives me reason to visit.
ReplyDelete