Jan 19, 2010

snowboarding

This past weekend my husband and I traveled to Mankato, MN where we hit the slopes with our boards.  We stayed at the AmericInn which was very nice (we got a king suite with a whirlpool for the first time) and it was the closest hotel to the Mount Kato Ski Area.  We actually left pretty early, in search for a good coffee break for hubby, and ended up calling it quits in the early afternoon.



I am glad though, because I am SO SORE today!  It's better to be sore afterwards and not during the snowboarding like I was last year.  When I would fall down last year, I wouldn't be able to get back up.  At least this time I was having a lot of fun, and hope I was improving.  I did lots of the "blue" hills, which are called "more difficult".  Seemed to me like they were mostly easy but there was one blue hill that was frighteningly steep. I mostly fell down that one.

So knitting! Yesterday I visited the yarn shop Mary Lou's Yarn & Ewe in Mankato.  It is a very large shop and contains every kind of yarn or pattern you may be looking for.  There are a ton of knitted garments on display all around the store for inspiration and example.  I would definitely go back.  They have Noro, Plymouth, Aracania, Debbie Bliss, Poems and more.

I purchased some Galway worsted by Plymouth to make my husband a hat and some Poems by Wisdom Yarns to make something miscellaneous...lol.

Well I am going to research Army posts now so thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Syd! I've added you to my reader so I'll be able to keep up on all things Syd. You may have inspired me to be more consistent with my blogging. And I definitely have to check out that movie (Julie and Julia).

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think =)